Do you want to pursue an exciting career in residential remodeling? Are you looking for a truly great place to work? A place where you can use your years of carpentry experience, have fun, and work on beautiful projects? Do you enjoy leading a team to get the job done?
If you said “Yes!” to any of these questions then keep reading, we have a great opportunity for you.
A little about us: We are a well-established, successful, and solid residential Design/Build company in the West Seattle neighborhood. We are a close-knit team, who are authentic, supportive, accountable, friendly, results oriented, talented, and highly skilled.
Our core values: Integrity, Team Work, and The Golden Rule
Our 4 Pillars of Service: Communication, Experience, Trust, and Integrity – We strive to ALWAYS exceed expectations.
Better Builders is providing the opportunity for those willing to accept the challenge of learning from the best craftsmen in the industry. We are looking for someone who values hard work, dedication, pride, and an uncompromising drive for self-improvement.
- High character individuals who can build trust amongst the team and our clients
- Honesty and respect
- Reliable transportation and means of communication, basic hand tools at a minimum
- Pride in all that you do
- Resourceful problem-solvers with a CAN DO attitude
- Detail-oriented with high standards
- Valid drivers license
- Pass a criminal background check
- Minimum 7 years experience in the construction industry
Typical Job Tasks and Expectations:
- Site prep, demolition, and excavation
- Rough framing and carpentry
- Operate power tools and small equipment
- Minor drywall and tile
- Window and door installation
- Interior and exterior trim
- Cabinetry installation
- General understanding of building science and trade work (electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Communication with the team and clientele
- Willingness to take direction and accept criticism
- Capacity to learn and continually improve
Job Requirements and Compensation:
- Full-time, 35-40 hours per week
- Mon-Fri generally 7 am- 4 pm
- Hourly wage $25-45/hour- experience and performance-based, Paid twice monthly
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Partial health insurance (75% paid by Better Builders)
- Company match retirement plan
- Paid mileage
- Company profit-sharing program (if eligible)
This position is not for everyone, but if you are willing to accept the challenge of this life-changing opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We have a formal recruiting process and have a relationship with Zephyr Recruiting LLC, whom we use for the screening and hiring process. If you are selected for the next step you will get instructions on what those are within 3 days of your submission. Everyone will be contacted.
Better Builders LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Better Builders LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Carpentry: 10 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License and vehicle insurance (Required)
- Health insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly