Are you looking for a new exciting lead role within a truly humble and amazing company? A place where you can utilize your carpentry experience to have fun and work on beautiful projects? Do you enjoy leading a team to success?
If so, keep reading, we may be the place for you.
A little about us…we are a well-established, successful/solid residential Design and Build company in the West Seattle area. We are an extremely close-knit team, who is authentic, supportive, accountable, and friendly.
Our core values: Integrity, Team Work, and The Golden Rule
Our 4 Pillars of Service: Communication, Experience, Trust, and Integrity – We strive to ALWAYS exceed expectations.
If being a part of this team inspires you, and you happen to share similar values, then please send us your resume, we would love to speak with you.
A Little More About the Position:
The Lead Carpenter is one of the most important roles within our company. This role serves as the point of contact on a job site for the Project Manager, Carpentry team, Sub-contractors, and clients. This diligent person will keep the team engaged, on-task, on-budget, and most importantly safe; while striving to exceed client expectations.
- Responsible for the day to day operation on the job site
- Interpret, understand, and follow construction drawings to ensure successful completion of projects
- Daily updates to the job on Builder Trend application
- Discuss any conflict between plans and site conditions to the Project Manager in a timely manner
- Able to coordinate schedules between subcontractors on a job site
- Routinely review production schedule and keep job on-track and on-time
- Ensure job site is always hazard free and clean
- Verify correct selections are being installed or applied
- Coordinate inspections and effectively communicate results
- Following company SOPs with consistent, timely and accurate submission of required paperwork
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. and work on ladders up to 30 feet off the ground and roofs up to 50 feet off the ground
- Read plans and scope of work to answer questions
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Multiple recent years experience with Carpentry in residential remodeling and new construction
- Excellent/ creative written and oral communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Proficient use of Tablet functionality and Microsoft and Google applications for job and administrative tasks
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret schematic designs and construction documents.
- Able to understand unique site characteristics, restrictions and requirements.
- General construction, materials, and tools knowledge.
- Good knowledge of field production rates.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze and effectively solve problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle adversity and challenges
- Service and teamwork oriented.
- Customer-centered and focused.
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 5 Paid sick days
- 2 Weeks paid vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement
Thank you for reading through our whole post, it is imperative to us that we find the best match for us and the best match for you. So, if you still feel you are a great fit for us and this position, then PLEASE submit your resume and ideally, a cover letter.
We have a formal recruiting process and have a relationship with Zephyr Recruiting LLC, whom we use for the screening and hiring process. If you are selected for the next step you will get instructions on what those are within 3 days of your submission. Everyone will be contacted.
We are really excited to get to know you and to see if we are a great match!
Better Builders LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Better Builders LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Carpentry: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA (Required)
- Driver’s License & Insurance (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma