Would you like to work with a truly caring and compassionate team? A place where you can grow and develop, have fun, and be the exemplary professional that you are? Does estimating budgets come as second nature to you? If so, please read on!
A little about us…we are a well-established, successful, and solid residential Design/Build company in the West Seattle neighborhood. We are a close-knit team, who is authentic, supportive, accountable, friendly, smart, talented, and highly skilled.
Our core values: Integrity, Team Work, and The Golden Rule
Our 4 Pillars of Service: Communication, Experience, Trust, and Integrity – We strive to ALWAYS exceed expectations.
If being a part of this team inspires you, and you share similar values, then please send us your resume, we would love to speak with you.
A Little More About the Position:
This is an integral role in our company, the Estimator is the force that drives all our operations. This person develops our highly accurate estimates, on which we base our 100% price guarantee for our clients. Better Builders really prides ourselves on attention to detail and being able to offer our clients accurate and reasonable bids.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each project: review, analyze, and understand project plans and design intent.
- Visit and analyze each job site to understand the logistics for construction access, staging and sequencing. Identify and understand the site characteristics that will impact production.
- Work with the design and construction team to determine the optimum construction sequencing and methodology.
- Complete take-offs.
- Utilize Sage software to build construction budget and client-ready budget.
- Analyze plans to identify information, elements, and details that are not shown on the design, but that must be accounted for, developed, and included in the budget.
- Work with the designer to develop and document missing information, elements and details and include these items in the estimate.
- Prepare thorough and detailed written subcontractor bid packages. Distribute bid packages to subcontractors. Receive and manage written quotes from subcontractors.
- Prepare thorough and detailed written quote requests for vendors. Receive and manage written quotes from vendors for all products and materials on the project.
- Consistently follow up on requested subcontractor or vendor bids to ensure the budget is completed by its due date.
- Thoroughly review all proposals and quotes received from subcontractors and vendors to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors.
- Review bid with the project manager and crew to get feedback and buy-in on hours and construction methodology.
- Review the budget with Estimating Manager for final approval before bid due date.
- Review the budget with the designer so the designer can update the construction drawings and project documentation to reflect the methodology, detailing and materials that the project budget is built on.
- Prepare and print out crew ready budget with applicable bid notes.
- Prepare and print out client-ready budget with applicable bid notes. Price and create change orders as necessary once construction has started.
- Develop tools that continuously improve Better Builders process
- Create crew job binder – include labor, materials, subcontractor estimates and other key details and information.
- Thoroughly review budget and construction methodology with project manager and crew so they have a deep understanding of the budget and approach.
- Support Estimating Manager as needed.
- Support project managers as needed.
- Schedule subcontractors.
- Order supplies and materials.
Experience and Education
- Project Manager, Estimator or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 2+ years’ in residential construction experience, OR 4+ years of Design/Build experience in residential construction.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong math skills and ability to calculate area and volume.
- Tech-savvy, having an ability to learn new software easily
- Keen eye for detail requirements of estimating and proper bid preparation.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic designs and construction documents.
- Able to understand unique site characteristics, restrictions and requirements.
- General construction, materials, and tools knowledge.
- Good knowledge of field production rates.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze and effectively solve problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Profit-driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Ability to handle adversity and challenges
- Service and teamwork-oriented.
- Customer-centered and focused.
- Experience with Sage software is a bonus, but not required.
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 5 Paid sick days
- 2 Weeks paid vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement
Thank you for reading through our whole post, it is imperative to us that we find the best match for us and the best match for you. So, if you still feel you are a great fit for us and this position, then PLEASE submit your resume and ideally, a cover letter.
We have a formal recruiting process and have a relationship with Zephyr Recruiting LLC, whom we use for the screening and hiring process. If you are selected for the next step you will get instructions on what those are within 3 days of your submission. Everyone will be contacted.
We are really excited to get to know you and to see if we are a great match!
Better Builders LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Better Builders LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Project Management or Estimating: 2 years (Required)
- Seattle, WA (Required)
- Driver’s License and Insurance (Required)
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply