Our fast growing premier design, build and remodeling company seeks a full time experienced Carpenter to join our friendly, energetic & hard-working team. The cornerstone of our company success is our commitment to the principles of honesty, integrity and respect for our customers, business partners and employees.
The ideal candidate would share these same values and have Carpentry/Remodeling/Home Building experience and an infectious positive and flexible attitude. This position reports to our Project Manager and works closely with our vendors, clients and entire team. This individual is key in making positive and professional impression for Better Builders. This person will be a personable, versatile and customer service-focused professional. We are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team.
The Carpenter is responsible for being the point-person on a job site for the Project Manager, team (including sub contractors) and client. This role is to keep daily efforts of all involved on-task, on-time, and most importantly safe, while striving to exceed client expectations.
Job duties include:
- Interpret , understand and follow construction drawings to ensure successful completion of project
- Discuss any conflict between plans and site conditions to the Project Manager in a timely manner
- Routinely review production schedule and keep job on-track and on-time
- Ensure job site is hazard free and clean at all times
- Verify correct selections are being installed or applied
- Following company SOPs with consistent, timely and accurate submission of required paperwork
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and professionalism
- Knowledge of the proper sequence of work in remodeling and new construction projects
- 5+ recent years carpentry experience in residential remodeling and new construction
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and self-motivating
- Ability to easily comprehend and communicate verbal instructions
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers’ license and current insurance coverage
- Mobile phone
- Fully tooled to perform all carpentry projects
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Medical insurance with 75% of premiums paid
- Additional discounted life/disability/accident insurance available
- Bonus incentive program
- Company shirts
- Personalized business cards
Prospective candidates must be willing to undergo reference, background and credit checks. We are a non-smoking company and do not allow smoking in or near our office and job sites. Better Builders is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected].