Our fast growing premier design, build and remodeling company seeks a full time Carpenter’s Apprentice/Laborer to join our friendly, energetic & hard-working team. The cornerstone of our company success is our commitment to the principles of honesty, integrity and respect for our customers, business partners and employees.
The ideal candidate would share these same values and have Carpentry/Remodeling/Home Building experience and an infectious positive and flexible attitude. This position reports to our Project Manager and works closely with our vendors, clients and entire team. This individual is key in making positive and professional impression for Better Builders. This person will be a personable, versatile and customer service-focused professional. We are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team.
The Carpenter’s Apprentice/Laborer is responsible for completing assignments from the Project Manager and/or Lead Carpenters on the job and per the project schedule. This role is to keep daily schedule met and the job site clean and most importantly safe, while striving to exceed client expectations.
Job duties include:
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs and work on ladders up to 30 feet off the ground and roofs up to 50 feet off the ground
- Ensure job site is hazard free and clean at all times
- Following company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) with consistent, timely and accurate submission of required paperwork
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Proficient use of Tablet functionality and Microsoft and Google applications for job and administrative tasks
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and professionalism
- Knowledge of the proper sequence of work in remodeling and new construction projects
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and self-motivating
- Ability to easily comprehend and communicate verbal instructions
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers’ license and current insurance coverage
- Mobile phone
- Fully tooled to perform all carpentry projects
- Buildertrend experience preferred
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Medical insurance with 75% of premiums paid by Better Builders
- Additional discounted life/disability/accident insurance available
- Bonus incentive program
- Company shirts
Prospective candidates must be willing to undergo reference, background and credit checks. We are a non-smoking company and do not allow smoking in or near our office and job sites. Better Builders is an equal opportunity employer.